Photographers who want to use their handy gadgets to click those special moments when they don’t have their camera with them need the best photo editing apps for Android and iOS. It’s an equally great option for those who want to start clicking photos and are in the early stages of their hobby.
Photography has become an excellent experience for those who have purchased the latest smartphones. These new cell phones are loaded with unique features to help you easily capture the best moments. These latest devices offer better resolution, sharper images and admirable optical quality. With all these features, the results can be even more impressive when the user accesses one of the best photo editing apps for Android and iOS.
Once the hand behind the lens acquires the best photo editing apps for the phone, the job becomes even more accessible. Instead of moving photos to another device, you can edit them on the phone where you took them. These apps can download from the respective play Store on the mobile phone. So, in the end, the work becomes manageable.
If you want to use your smartphone, be it Android or iPhone, to click the best photos, here are the apps’ essential details that can help you.
Table of Contents
The best photo editing apps for smartphones
If you are looking for the best photo editing apps, here is what you should know. The list contains the best photo editing apps that can be very helpful in improving the quality of your clicks.
If you want to click, edit, and then share the photos, VSCO might be the answer to all your questions and concerns. It comes with a 3-in-1 camera and a dedicated iPhone photo app. Social sharing makes it easier to connect with those who want to share your photo experience. Unlike other social platforms like Instagram, this app has professional photographers working together.
Popular features of this app include
- An advanced camera that you can record manually.
- Adjustable focus and exposure
- Triple flash modes
- Balanced composition with grid lines.
- Ten presets and manual tuning tools
- Old photo effects can be extra with clicks.
- Easily add contrast, saturation, sharpness, contrast and clarity.
If you want the best photo editing app for phones, Instasize won’t let you down. The many features added at once would surprise the disappointment of the rest. It is an excellent option for Android and iPhone users. Whether you want to use filters, resize, add borders and frames, retouch or edit the text, it has all the features you cannot ignore. It’s even easier to navigate, leading to amazing one-click edits.
Key related features include:
- Over 100 tools to customize and improve functionality.
- Adjust story and banner clicks with instant trimming.
- Retouch photos with brightening tools, remove blemishes, enhance skin radiance, and more.
- Get the frames packs to customize the editions.
- Twenty different fonts to edit the texts.
- If you are unsatisfied with the background, replace it with excellent background locations.
3. Google Snapseed
Snapseed is the most popular professional photo editing app from Google. The result is not much different from the Photoshop results. I was editing RAW photos used to be a not-as-easy task as it is now. The ability to click RAW images is also present on smartphones. Therefore, an application is required to improve the quality of these, and this task is done well by Google Snapseed. It’s missing some key features in Photoshop, but the results are still pretty impressive.
The main functions of the application are
- Make photos look realistic with Healing Brush, HDR and Perspective.
- It works great with Android and smartphones.
- It offers 29 filters and filters that can help every photographer: these filters target settings, face pose, double exposure, and glamour glow.
4. Adobe Lightroom For Mobile
If you want to use the best photo editing apps for Android and iOS, Adobe Lightroom can be a real help. It is possible to edit and organize the images as you wish. This application can be handy even if you have several ideas to manage. The in-app camera helps get the photo RAW, which can help give a great final impression by adjusting exposure and aperture. Edit the image with just one click and use the available filters. The app’s premium version is much better than the free version, which offers more photo quality enhancement features.
Unique features added by developers include:
- The user can choose from several editing tools to help the photographer.
- Verification tools range from too basic to more advanced.
- Photos can be shared on multiple social media platforms using Lightroom.
- It has free and in-app purchase editing features.
Photos can add with different effects, filters and overlays if you can work with Pixlr. That allows users to share visually appealing pictures with the circles they want. It includes four types of web apps and HTML5 apps that can handle loading into the browser. It is a free app but still has remarkable features that are second to none of the paid or premium apps. All features compete well with the expensive app.
Here are Pixlr’s popular features:
- It is easy to learn and comfortable to use.
- Users can access Photoshop SD if they have purchased Pixlr Pro.
- It saves the image in two different formats, namely PNG and JPG.
- It can use the task manager extension for Google Chrome.
- For optimal use, in-app purchases are obligatory.